Level 1 / 2 Eaton Mall,
Oakleigh VIC. 3166
The Precise Investigation to win a GoPro Hero 5 action camera is well under way, with four images already having been released for perusal and about 50 people playing across four social media channels!
While that might sound like exactly what we want, there are way too many players who simply aren’t getting the points they need – there are currently only two people who appear to be playing “properly,” but even they could muster up a few more points if they wanted!
So, let’s have a quick recap and look over how the game is played and how points are earned:
Every Friday, until 15th December 2017, Precise Investigation will release either a “Spot the Difference” challenge or ask players to count the number of changes made to a modified photograph, in a game called “Photoshop Phony.”
Posts will be uploaded every Friday until the last post is made on Friday 8th December 2017.
Players gain points by interacting with the game and achieving certain objectives as well as engaging with the content socially.
The single player with the highest points at the end of the year (15/12/2017) wins the GoPro!
Players will receive points for their interactions with the competition and engagements with the posts made every Friday over social media. The points are allocated as follows:
You will receive 2 points for answering the question in the comments section of the post, on EACH social channel. That means if you answer the question on Facebook and then on LinkedIn, you will receive 4 points in total, instead of just 2.
Just hit “like,” “favourite” or “+1” button on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter AND Google Plus and you’ll get 2 points for each time you do it!
Simply clicking on “Share” or “Retweet” will award you two points, for each social channel you use. For example, if you share the post on Facebook, you’ll get 2 points, then if you share it on Google +, you’d get another 2 points – 4 in total.
Yep, you’ll get a point if you make a random comment on the post too, wherever it appears!
You get points for answering the question anyway, but if you get the answer right, you’ll receive 3 bonus points too… that means if you get the answer right on Instagram, and then write the same answer on Twitter, you’ll get 2 points on Instagram for answering and 2 on Twitter (4 total), then you’ll get 3 more on Instagram if you’re right, and 3 more on Twitter (6 total), giving you an overall total of 10 points, just for writing your answer twice!
Simply put, this is what you’ll need to do:
1. Sign up to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and Instagram (this is for MAXIMUM points, remember?)
2. First, head to Facebook – search for Precise Investigation’s Friday Competition Post and have a go at answering the question, for example saying you spotted 9 differences. That’s 2 points.
3. Then make a comment, for example “Ha! That was easy!” and you’ll get another point (3 total).
4. Then share the post to your timeline or to a group and you’ll receive another 2 points (5 total).
5. At the end of the week, if your answer was correct, you’ll get another 3 points, for a total of 8.
Please note that Instagram doesn’t have a “share feature” but if you write “@someone” as a comment, we will count this as a share!
That means you can play the game and earn points on six more platforms… just search for the following on Google+:
1. Precise Investigation
2. Precise Investigation Sydney
3. Precise Investigation Brisbane
4. Precise Investigation Adelaide
5. Precise Investigation Perth
6. Precise Investigation Hobart
1. Facebook – 8 points (with correct answer, 5 points with incorrect)
2. LinkedIn – 8 points (with correct answer, 5 points with incorrect)
3. Instagram – 8 points (with correct answer, 5 points with incorrect)
4. Twitter – 8 points (with correct answer, 5 points with incorrect)
5. Google+ – 8 points (with correct answer, 5 points with incorrect) for each page, total 48 points
For your ease of reference, we have included links to all of our social channels below, so you can get stuck in!
Good luck and enjoy!
To take part, just click on one of the following links to have a go:
Please take into consideration that if you have set your personal security or privacy settings to high, Precise Investigation may not be able to monitor your engagements with out posts. As such, we recommend that you either lower your security settings for Precise Investigation specifically, or you continue to play, knowing that come the end of the competition, we will ask that you provide evidence of your social engagements, in the form of screenshots, to be eligible for the prize. This is not as a means to make anybody’s lives more difficult, but unfortunately we cannot simply rely on players informing us of their actions – if we cannot see it, we can’t award points.