This year, Precise Investigation is doing something special; something a little different… something specifically aimed at our friends, fans and followers on Social Media, something to say thank you and Happy New Year!
We’re holding a competition that begins this Friday (Friday 6th January 2017) and runs each Friday thereafter until 15th December 2017. The competition will be hosted across all of our social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram and Google +, so anyone in Australia can take part, wherever you may be based. The winner of the competition will receive an all-new GoPro Hero 5, sent just in time for Christmas!
HOW TO PLAY & RULES:
Every Saturday, until 15th December 2017, Precise Investigation will release either a “Spot the Difference” challenge or ask players to count the number of changes made to a modified photograph, in a game called “Photoshop Phony.”
The post will be uploaded at 9:00am (Victoria Time) each Saturday morning until the last post is made on Saturday 9th December 2017.
Players gain points by interacting with the game and achieving certain objectives as well as engaging with the content socially.
The single player with the highest points at the end of the year (15/12/2017) wins the GoPro!
Please note: If the chosen recipient does not respond or is otherwise unavailable within the 72 hours immediately proceeding the 18:00 deadline on 15/12/2017, the GoPro prize will be allocated to the next highest scorer. If the next highest scorer does not respond or is otherwise unavailable within 24 hours of being informed of their win, the next highest scorer will be contacted.
Please note (update mentioned in T&Cs below – 11/03/2017): Players will only be granted points towards the competition AFTER they have answered the question. If the question has not been answered, all points from other social engagements on the respective post(s) will not be credited towards your competition score.
Players will receive points for their interactions with the competition and engagements with the posts made every Friday over social media. The points are allocated as follows:
ANSWERS – Submit your answer as a comment on any social channel and receive 2 points for each answer you submit. For example, if you submit your answer on Twitter as a reply, you’ll receive 2 points – if you then submit another answer as a comment on Facebook, you’ll receive another 2 points; 4 points in total. You can only receive points for one answer per social channel, submitting multiple answers on each social media channel will not award more points.
LIKE – Simply “like” the Friday post on any social media channel and receive 1 point for each individual like. For example, if you like the post on Facebook and then like it on Instagram too, you’ll receive 2 points.
SHARE – Sharing the Friday post on any social media channel will award you with 2 points. For example, if you saw and shared the post on LinkedIn, and then saw and shared it on Google +, you’d receive 4 points. Players can only receive one SHARE point award; if you share the post publicly and then privately or to a specific group, this will not count as we cannot actively track how many shares an individual makes.
MISCELLANEOUS COMMENTS – Make a comment other than your answer on the Friday post, on any social channel, and we’ll give you 1 point. Only one point can be allocated for comments, so only your first comment on each Friday post will count. I.e. Commenting multiple times will not grant additional points.
CORRECT ANSWERS – At the end of the week, all players’ submissions will be assessed. Those who answered correctly will receive 3 points. In cases where no players answered correctly, the closest guess will receive 2 points. All players with the same correct answer will be awarded points.
DEADLINE – The deadline for EACH post and its respective challenge is 5:30pm on following Thursday. At 6pm on each Thursday, the correct answers / solutions to the previous week’s challenge will be posted online for all to see and compare. For example, the challenge being issued on 06/01/2017 will come to an end at 5:30pm on 12/01/2017
QUESTIONS – If you have any questions, please ask them publicly as a comment, via the social media channel that you’re playing through. That way, any other players with the same question will be able to see the answer. Please note that questions are counted as miscellaneous comments and, as such, if you post a question and then a comment later on, you will only be awarded the MISC. COMMENT point for your question, and NOT the comment.
KEEPING SCORE – On Friday 13th January 2017, Precise Investigation will upload the leaderboard and current scores to a special page, the link to which we’ll share across every social channel. Additionally, we will list the week’s top players for each channel on the respective channel.
EXAMPLE – STEP BY STEP:
Let’s say you’re a LinkedIn user… the example is very similar for each social channel anyway, but let’s focus on LinkedIn for now:
1. On Saturday, you notice our competition post on your news feed.
2. You click on it and see that it’s a “Spot the Difference” Challenge.
3. You click on the image, and spot 8 differences.
4. You write your answer as a comment, saying “I found 8 differences.”
5. You like the post and then share it.
6. You mention your friend, Jenny in a comment, saying “@JennyExample you would love this!”
7. At 6pm on the following Friday, the correct answer and the result of your submission is revealed.
For the above example, you’d gain the following points:
1 point for Liking the post on LinkedIn
2 points for sharing the post on LinkedIn
2 points for writing your answer as a comment.
1 point for writing your comment to/about Jenny.
3 points for getting the answer right.
Total = 9 points.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Eligibility: This Campaign, called “Probably the Best PI Giveaway,” is open only to those in Australia who choose to participate through Social Media and who are 18 years or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of Australia and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Precise Investigation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
UPDATE (11/03/2017): Given that there seem to be a number of automated bots operating across the social channels we use in the competition, Instagram mostly, we have changed the order in which points are obtained. Now, points are only rewarded AFTER the answer has been submitted. If you have liked and shared the post, without answering the question, your like and your share will no longer gain any points. I.E. You must answer the question prior to engaging with the post in any other way. This will help us to determine whether you are using bots on your account (which are not programmed to answer the question) and therefore give us a good indication as to whether you’re a real person. We apologise for the inconvenience and we hope that this change will help to make the competition more fair for all involved. It should be noted that all points gained up until today (11/03/2017) will stay in effect – the change is only applicable to competition posts made after 09/03/2017.
*UPDATE (05/05/17): We have now moved competition days to Saturday as a means to improve our work efficiency during the week
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Precise Investigation as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted for each challenge online starting on 9:00am of each Friday, beginning 06/12/0217 (AEDT – VICTORIA, Australian time) and ending the following Thursday of each week at 5:30pm. All online entries must be received by 5:30pm on each Thursday; those received afterwards will not be counted.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by engaging with the specified posts, as per the rules outlined in “How to Play & Rules,” made by Precise Investigation. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Precise Investigation. You may enter only once per social media channel. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Precise Investigation.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive a GoPro Hero 5 starter kit, valued at approximately $550 AUD at the time of listing. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Precise Investigation. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Precise Investigation’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner, excluding the initial standard Australian postage to the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by the Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Precise Investigation to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries submitted, as well as the accumulation of points generated through any of the means described in the Campaign’s “How to Play & Rules” section. This is NOT a game of chance.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected based on the highest achieved score, across all challenges issued until 6pm on 15th December 2017, under the supervision of Precise Investigation. The Winner will be notified within five (5) days following selection of the Winner, via a comment and/or reply to their latest engagement on the social media channel used most recently to make a submission. Precise Investigation shall have no liability for the Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, blocking or other security settings or for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time the award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by the Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNER (AT PRECISE INVESTIGATION‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS THE WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, You understand and agree that Precise Investigation, anyone acting on behalf of Precise Investigation, and Precise Investigation’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Precise Investigation. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Precise Investigation from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Precise Investigation may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Precise Investigation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Precise Investigation’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Precise Investigation may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Precise Investigation. Precise Investigation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Precise Investigation has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Precise Investigation reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
UPDATE (11/03/2017) :
9.1. In the event that a contestant’s privacy settings be set too high for Precise Investigation to ascertain as to whether the contestant has engaged, by liking, sharing or commenting, on the competition’s posts, but has indicated that they have done so, through commenting or sending Precise Investigation private messages or emails, Precise Investigation will award the appropriate points temporarily. At the end of the competition, should the chosen winner be a contestant who falls under this criteria, the contestant will be asked to take screenshots of their interactions with the competition’s posts (for its duration) and submit them to Precise Investigation for review. If the contenstant is unable to send screenshots of their interactions, or the interactions depicted in the submitted screenshots differ to the interactions that the contestant originally reported, his or her points will be re-evaluated. If, after re-evaluation, the winning contestant now has less points than the next highest scorer, the prize will be allocated to that contestant instead.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Precise Investigation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF AUSTRALIA AND YOUR RESPECTIVE STATE WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, the participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Victoria, Australia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). The participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Precise Investigation, PO Box 2146, Oakleigh, VIC, Australia 3166. Requests must be received no later than 1:00pm on the Thursday following the specific week’s challenge-related post.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Precise Investigation, Level 1, 379 Collins Street, Melbourne. VIC. 3000
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Precise Investigation is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. Instagram: The Campaign hosted by Precise Investigation is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook.
17. Twitter: The Campaign hosted by Precise Investigation is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.
18. Google +: The Campaign hosted by Precise Investigation is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or Google.
19. LinkedIn: The Campaign hosted by Precise Investigation is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram or LinkedIn.
20. By engaging in any way with the content of Precise Investigation’s competition posts, across any of Precise Investigation’s social media channels, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules and these terms and conditions.